Sunday, June 2, 2013

A Crab Contemplates Autocannibalism


Above is Corson, who may not survive this post.

Below is his unseemly confession.

Dear Diary,

Once again an aquarium visitor in a bright red shirt reminded me of an inviting pool of cocktail sauce. I want to jump in, dipping my entire body and soul in the condiment. Then, I dream of gnawing away at my extremities like I'm the only course of my last meal.

Can you see me, diary? Look at those legs! Why must I have such masochistic desires and such beautiful, succulent stems? Why must my defining feature torture the rest of my very person?

It is probably no use to tell you about this, diary. What can you do? Frankly, what can I do? Nothing. Nothing is what I'm left with...as surely my need for self-preservation will prevent me from sucking the sweet salty meat from my own flesh and dying a horrible death in front of my mates.

And on the matter of my fellow crabs, how I wish I could tell my tankmates of my unsavory lusts. Maybe they feel the same way about their own bodies? Maybe they dream about being steamed and fed to themselves.  Is it weird to think that I could be very good friends with the crustacean version of Hannibal Lecter?

I guess I should just be content to be alive, even though it means that I'll never truly be fulfilled always hungry.

-Corson the Crab

6 comments:

  1. After reading your blog post I must say that your way of writing is very fresh the article portrays a very creativity in terms of fantasy genre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally like your post, you have shared a good article. It will help me in a great deal.I am very happy to be able to visit this website, incredible! Thank you very much! download instagram stories

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to say I love reading your blog. we provide Happy Little Succulent Gifts in Sydney at affordable cost. to know more visit our website.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really get scare by this kind of insects.

    ReplyDelete